All of our track and field sessions are held at the track behind Ashdown Leisure Centre, Canford Heath, BH17 8RE. The first session you attend with us is free!
*Refreshments are available in Team Dorset HQ*
The full schedule of training is as follows:
|Day and Time||Location||Age Group||Purpose||Coaches||Cost|
|Monday, 7.00-8.00PM||Contact Graeme||15- adults||Strength & Conditioning||Graeme Gourlay||TBC|
|Tuesday, 6.15-7.15PM||Ashdown Track||8-13 years||Induction, general running, field events conditioning and technique||All Junior coaching team||£2.50|
|Tuesday, 7.15-8.30PM||Ashdown Track||13 years to seniors||Sprints, Middle Distance training, & some specific throws training and high Jump||Mark Pauley, Mike Long,Mark CourtneyGraeme Gourlay, Dave Allen,Dennis Elkins, Mark Roach and others||£2.50|
|Wednesday, 6.30-8.00 PM||Ashdown Track||12 years to seniors||Hurdles (13 and 27 Dec 2017), Sprints High Jump, Throws, Wheelchair, occasional Long Jump Technical Sessions, PV & Steeplechase||Graeme Gourlay,Dennis Elkins, Martin Cook, Mark Roach, David Little and others||£2.50|
|Thursday, 7.00-8.15PM||Various Venues away from Track, see list below.||11 year and above||Strength and speed endurance, off-road with hills & intervals work||Mark Pauley & Mark Courtney||£1.00|
|Thursday 7.00 – 8.30PM||Ashdown Leisure Centre||Older Middle Distance Athletes||Endurance, Tempo and Hill Work||Dave Allen||TBC|
|Thursday 7.00 – 8.30PM||Canford School||U15’s and above||Weight Training||Speak to Brian Batcheldor||£3.00|
|Friday 4.30- 6.00 PM||Ashdown Track||13 years- Seniors||Sprint based Session||Further details from Graeme Gourlay||£2.00|
|Saturday 10.15-12.15 Summer (March-Sept)||Ashdown Track||8 years and above||A full programme of track and field training||All members of Poole AC’s coaching team||£2.50|
|Saturday 10:15-12:15 from 2nd March||Ashdown Leisure Centre during afternoons and on Ashdown track in the mornings.||8-12 years but U15 welcome too.||Sportshall - Fast paced indoor athletics, relays, jumps, throws etc||David Little, Bryan Murray, Ray Williams, Peter Cornes, Mark Pauley, Joe Oatley & Bryan Murray||£2.50, first session free for new joiners|
Thursday night training venues (7pm) are as follows. We welcome some new middle-distance athletes to our team, and will modify the sessions to include younger or developing athletes, so do encourage your friends to join us! There will be a small fee of £1, please remember to bring it each week. We urge you to wear light or reflective clothing. All sessions will start at 7pm prompt with the cool down being completed at around 8.15pm
- 1st August Upton Country Park. Meet at the Car Park Off Upton Road, NOT at the Main car park near to the house.
- 8th August Corfe Mullen Recreation Grd. Car Park is located at the end of Badbury View Rd off the B3074.
- 15th August Sherford Bridge Wareham Forest – Sherford Bridge Car Park – on B3075 just past Chitten Hill, left off A35. BH20 7ES
- 22nd August Avon Heath Country Park. Meet at the Car Park of the park on Brocks Pine St Leonards BH24 2DH
- 29th August Flaghead Chine, Beach run. Park in Cliff Drive and Meet at the top of Flaghead Chine footpath to beach
- 5th Sept Tollerford Rd, Canford Heath
- 12th Sept Barn Rd (Broadstone Rec). Training at Broadstone Lower Rec, meeting at the eastern end of Barn Road
- 19th Sept Brundenell Avenue/Evening Hill