After some positive early season performances, we do now enter a busy period of racing before the year ends, however, we are keen to promote the value of our group Saturday Morning cross country training. We welcome all athletes including our young and energetic junior runners, but also our senior members and parents who are looking to keep fit with an off road run. We will maintain our 9.30 AM time slot for our runs of between 5-8 KM, (with us looking for shorter loops for our younger members), the session will last around 75 mins but less for younger runners. We will see if we can supply some warm drinks now the colder mornings are with us.
The Cross Country Season sees several Saturday events which means we will not train on these days, but hope many of you will wish to gauge your developing fitness at these & show what a strong squad we are building within our club. (please speak to Mark or Peter for details).
*Please do remember your change for the car park at Avon Heath. Venues are as follows:
- 11th November Hampshire XCL Petersfield (Petersfield XC event will have a junior fun run, cost £2 to enter, Popham sadly will not.)
- 18th November Avon Heath Park St Leonards (For Avon Heath Park, meet at 9.00 AM at Ashdown centre & advise if lifts are required.
- 25th November Broadstone Rec Cricket Pitch (Meet at the Upper Recreation Car Park at the end of Charborough Rd in Broadstone)
- 2nd December Hampshire XC Popham Airfield
- 9th December Learoyd Rd Canford Heath
- 16th December Tollerford Rd Canford Heath
- 23rd December Xmas Parkrun Poole Park (Parkrun starts at 9AM, if you have yet to download your barcode go to the parkrun website.)
- 26th December Boxing Day 10K/Fun Run
Please try to make the 26/12 Poole Park Boxing Day fun Run, runners and helpers required!
Note the County XC Champs on 10/12 at Bryanston School, check out the closing date!
Should you need directions or transport, please do let us know.